Do you notice feeling more uneasy these past few days? You may be undergoing lockdown fatigue, a state of exhaustion due to the long-term effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s normal to feel this way since much of daily life as we know it has changed—our children are with us 24/7, we can’t just merely go outside without feeling anxious, and we struggle to find work-life balance at home. Fortunately, there are ways to combat lockdown fatigue through physical activity.
This article will orient you on the benefits of physical activity to adapt to the New Normal and fight against lockdown fatigue. Take this as an opportunity to better your health and embody resilience for the sake of your family.
How Physical Activity Aids Against Lockdown Fatigue
Before the pandemic, you were able to move around unrestricted as you commuted to work and moved around the office. You were able to maintain physical activity through exercise, leisurely playing with your kids and soaking in the sun. Now, you have gotten accustomed to staying at home, which can affect your health and well-being.
Take note of the following benefits of integrating healthy physical activity into your daily lifestyle:
- Long periods of sitting affects your body: Working long hours in front of the computer can affect your musculoskeletal movement. Your shoulders tend to arch forward, which is triggered by bad posture, and your legs can easily get strained. Your body needs to have daily physical activity to maintain positive musculoskeletal development.
- Builds mental resilience and enhances social connection: Physical activity should not be merely seen as a way to tone your muscles or flatten your belly. According to Beyond Blue, daily exercise is scientifically proven to activate positive mood-boosting hormones in the brain called serotonin and endorphins. It’s also the perfect avenue to build strong social connections to curb lockdown fatigue. Stay healthy by staying active, and convince your family to do the same.
- An opportunity to develop a healthy routine: Physical activity requires doing certain movements and progressing daily by increasing intensity or adding a few variations to your workout. It’s the perfect way to build a strong, healthy routine that can keep you proactive and attentive to the things around you. These beneficial attributes should be prioritised since we are fighting against a virus.
Tips for Effective Physical Activity During Lockdown
Physical activity is highly beneficial to fight against lockdown fatigue, but you need to approach it within a new context. It requires a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system and incorporating new kinds of activities and good habits. Take note of the following tips:
- Take online physiotherapy consultations:
You may have developed a debilitating pain in your arms or legs due to the effects of lockdown fatigue. It can dampen your mood and affect your movement when you do any physical activity. That is why you should consult with our team at Anytime Physio through our online physiotherapy consultations.
We can provide you with expert musculoskeletal treatments through our video conferencing system to enable you to move freely again. We can also provide you with professionally produced exercise videos to guide you through your commitment to practice healthy physical movement.
- Celebrate physical activity milestones:
You may feel discouraged and less motivated by the lockdown, but we are in this together. There are ways for you to cling to hope and fight lockdown fatigue. What’s important is to celebrate your self-development milestones, like say you’ve exercised for at least thirty minutes on a Monday. Remember—doing what’s challenging is also fulfilling and life-changing.
2020 has been a rough year, and lockdown fatigue is a pressing concern. Fortunately, you can use physical activity to continue living a healthy, progressive lifestyle. You just need to surround yourself with the right people and stick to your commitments. Start exercising today!
Are you looking for the best physiotherapy services in Brisbane? Our experts at Anytime Physio can provide you with that. We offer cost-effective rehabilitation plans and use a wide range of techniques to treat your musculoskeletal system. Consult with us today to beat lockdown fatigue by jumpstarting your active lifestyle!